Inviting a contractor into your personal space and home can be a stressful process. What is the best way to use the space we have? What are my options for materials? What is the most cost-effective way to bring my plan to reality? Can I really afford to do this? With over 20 years of residential design experience, Tim has extensive knowledge of the multitude of new and innovative products and designs available to the homeowner today. Moreover, designing the proper use of your space can be tricky and typically requires scaled drawings. ACC LLC has the in-house capability to draft professional concept drawings and working plans (blueprints) to better help you conceptualize and develop your ideas. This can save you thousands in designer/architect costs. Here is how the process works:
- We first meet to go over your ideas and concepts. We then develop design suggestions for form and functionality that may enhance your ideas. We can then provide concept drawings to further help this process along.
- Based on your budget and design specifications, we then give you a preliminary cost estimate that you can use in your decision-making and see where you may want to add to or trim back your project.
- Some larger projects may require a separately contracted set of Engineer and/or Building Official approved working plans (blueprints). ACC LLC can do this in-house.
- If you like what we estimated, we will move forward with a proposal for work which will itemize in detail the scope of work, specifications, materials used, allowances allotted for materials not yet finalized, time lines, draw schedules, warranty information, options, etc.
- After adjustments to the proposal, we will finalize the proposal, sign it, and begin work on plans.
- Professional working plans are then drawn up and submitted to you for your approval. Then these plans are sent to the Professional Engineer if necessary. If no engineer is necessary, then we will submit the plans to the local Building Official to be reviewed and approved.
- Once plans are approved, permits are issued and work begins.
Tim will meet personally with you to discuss options to create the functional and beautiful space you have always dreamt about for your own home. He is reliable, honest, trustworthy, and forthright, and sticks to his contract costs! He works with the client and takes pride in his work. We offer a one-year warranty on all workmanship pertaining to your improvements—just give us a call and we’ll be out right away to make it right! ACC LLC serves the Herndon, Reston, Great Falls, Ashburn, Sterling, and Chantilly areas.